Manager of Financial Reporting
To apply, e-mail your resume to email@example.com.
zulily, a Seattle Based e-commerce start-up is seeking an energetic, experienced manager of financial reporting. If you enjoy the aspects of financial statements from preparation to the related planning, reporting and analysis, possess strong technical accounting skills, have great attention to detail, and want to join a rapidly growing company, please read on...
As a member of zulily you will work closely with the all facets of the business to ensure the company’s financial planning, reporting, and analysis processes meet the needs of business leaders and are in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and zulily policies and procedures. In addition to preparing annual financial statements and footnotes and maintaining accounting policies and procedures, this role will assist with the monthly reporting and forecasting process. A desire to continuously improve processes and adopt technology is central to the planned evolution of this role. This person desires to work in a continuously changing environment as part of a greater team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare monthly financial statements and related analysis while ensuring the information is accurate, timely, and in compliance with accounting policy and business processes.
- Support all financial planning and analysis activities.
- Assist with the financial system selection, design, and implementation.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for the Board of Directors and investors.
- Prepare annual financial statements and footnotes.
- Lead accounting research and implementation of new standards, as required.
- Responsible for all equity related transactions included monthly reconciliations, stock option maintenance, and deferred stock compensation.
- Lead efforts for annual audits by the external accounting firm.
- Perform timely follow up on outstanding issues, requests for information, and other research between departments and external parties.
- Proactively identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and enhance internal and external customer service.
- Assist internal and external customers with ad-hoc reporting and analysis needs.
- Special Projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Comprehensive understanding of financial accounting, reporting, and analysis required
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- eCommerce industry knowledge preferred (or other fast-paced startup environment); willingness to learn required.
- Experience using various financial systems preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word software applications.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple projects and processes simultaneously.
- Collaborative and customer-service work style.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business required.
- CPA with public accounting experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years accounting, financial planning, and/or financial reporting experience required.
General qualifications of all zulily employees:
- Constant awareness of and concern for our customers and their experience with zulily
- Team-minded attitude
- Desire to build something great
- Satisfaction gleaned from working hard and seeing a company grow
This is a full-time position located in Seattle, WA.
If interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org