What to look for when buying women’s clothes online
One of the fun surprises about shopping for clothes for women at Zulily is that you can find clothing styles and brands that aren't in any malls or stores alongside items from the brands you know and love. You'll find deals on brands such as Lucky Brand, London Fog, Steve Madden, Reebok, Champion, Dooney & Bourke alongside Zulily's exclusive boutique brands.
When shopping online for women's clothes, there are also some challenges since you can't try clothes on in-person before purchasing. Not all brands use the same sizing, so it's helpful to know your personal measurements. Use a cloth tape measure to record your measurements:
- Your waist is typically the smallest part of your torso, right below your ribs, and above your hips.
- Your hips are typically the widest part of your body and sit just below where your legs and torso meet.
- Your inseam can be found by taking the measuring tape from where your legs meet to your ankle bone.
- Tops garment length: To get the fit you are looking for a top, measure from the shoulder seam to the hem of your favorite top.
Now that you know your measurements, use the handy resources on Zulily to figure out which size is right for you. When you’re looking at a specific product online, study the size charts on the page and, when available, read the information about the model’s measurements and what size she is wearing to get an idea of how a piece may fit. If a garment doesn’t have stretch and you are between sizes, you may want to size up for a more comfortable fit.
Get to know the fabrics and textile blends you like
Looking for a little stretch? Keep your eyes peeled for spandex, nylon and polyamide. Craving something extra comfy? Look for fleece, modal and cotton. Wanting a little luxurious warmth? Find clothes that are made with cashmere, merino wool, and down filling.
Polyester blends can vary widely in texture. Some are lightweight like rayon and jersey knits; others are thicker, like those used for fleece. Some are smooth and stretchy, like those used for activewear, and others are woven with no stretch at all. Reference the garment photos and reviews (if available) to see what the texture is like.
Be a smart shopper when at Zulily and get great deals on women’s clothing styles you’ll love
Country & Currency
- Terms & Conditions
- Arbitration Program
- Privacy Practices
- Interest-Based Ads
- Product Recall
- California Privacy Practices
- Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information
- copyright 2023 Zulily, LLC All rights reserved