Dress the part
Our collection of dresses for women is endlessly versatile yet essentially feminine, offering a silhouette and style for every occasion. Got a wedding (or several) on the calendar? We have dresses for everyone in attendance, whether it’s a low-key event or a more formal affair. Looking for the right dress for your workplace? We check that box, too.
From ankle-skimming flowy dresses and hi-low dresses (yes, they’re still in style) to dresses for casual outings to something fun and fancy, check out Zulily’s incredible selection of affordable dresses for every figure.
How to wear casual and special occasion dresses
While a dress thought to be a one-and-done outfit, it’s actually an amazingly versatile base later that can be reworked for numerous occasions. To avoid overwhelming your frame, you’ll want to factor in the length of the dress and the hem length of the item you’re trying to pair it with.
- Sleeveless dresses are among the easiest to layer, as you don’t need to worry about any added bulk around the shoulders and arms. For an elevated look, a long line blazer or trench coat is the perfect look.
- For a spaghetti-strap dress, a lightweight knit sweater or cardigan is the perfect add-on for summer nights once the sun sets, while a white or gray T-shirt over the top will give ultra-feminine frocks a more casual edge. Of course, you can also wear your t-shirt under the dress too, if there is some detailing you'd like to show off.
- When styling your cocktail dress, especially on cooler nights, instead of just slinging on your usual winter coat over the top, opt for a tailored blazer. Cropped, boxy styles are great for more petite frames and draws attention to your waist, giving you a more curvaceous, but flattering and well-proportioned silhouette. If you’re taller, an oversized or long line blazer looks effortlessly chic. Choose a blazer style that hits just below your hips and is subtly nipped-in at the wait to highlight your hourglass figure.
- If you’re wearing a floor-sweeping maxi dress, avoid overwhelming your frame and define your middle with a chic belt or waist-length jacket or opt for a low scoop or V-shaped neckline with a longer line jacket to help balance the look.
- For strapless frocks, try a relaxed layer if you want to bring its shoulder-flashing style down a notch for daytime. A denim jacket is a great layer for this look because it’ll go with just about any shade or fabric and work for all occasions. The lighter the denim, the more summer-appropriate it will feel, try darker washes for fall and winter. If you want to keep your strapless dress in the party mood, look for a cropped jacket, bolero or short cardigan for a sweetly modest finish.
Shop Zulily’s year-round assortment dresses for every occasion
Country & Currency
- Terms & Conditions
- Arbitration Program
- Privacy Practices
- Interest-Based Ads
- Product Recall
- California Privacy Practices
- Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information
- copyright 2023 Zulily, LLC All rights reserved